How to Choosing a cosmetic Dentist?
It is likely that you are tempted to visit the first dentist that is close to you out of convenience. At times the selection of a cosmetic dentist is also based on the cost of the services. However with more number of dentists now offering cosmetic dentistry it is necessary to be more careful while picking the right one for yourself. There are wide range of cosmetic dentistry procedures available and since there are usually no referrals it becomes hard to find a good cosmetic dentist.
Insight into Cosmetic Dentistry:
Choosing a cosmetic Dentist can be hard however if you do have a regular dentist whom you have been visiting for regular checkups then it is likely that you dentist has your dental profile and is a good position to gauge what is best for you.
A cosmetic dentistry procedure at times doe require a strong supporting bone structure and gums. Being you regular dentist, they can advice you if you require additional evaluation of your bone structure and occlusion prior to an cosmetic dentistry. The regular dentist can also refer you to either a periodontist, endodontist, prosthodontist, orthodondist or even a oral maxillofacial surgon.
The importance of this initial check or correction is that it affects the longevity of cosmetic dental procedures. Hence if you are planning for a cosmetic treatment it is necessary to make sure you have an initial assessment. It is also recommended to have a word with a friend, relative or neighbour who has under gone as cosmetic dental procedure.
Putting the Cosmetic Dentist under the microscope:
The main factors to consider and check for a cosmetic dentist:
- Level of experience of the cosmetic dentist
- The skill the dentist possess and his expertise.
- Inquire about the associations or memberships of the dentist.
- Does the cosmetic dentist have any pictures of his previous patients. Usually a cosmetic dentist is likely to have a album of ‘before’ and ‘after’ pictures of his previous patients.
- Be confident to inquire about the facilities available at the clinic. For example the study models, bonding previews, imaging technology and the demonstrating procedures.
- Besides which inquire about the dental technologies implemented like lasers, CAD/CAM restoration, caries detection devices, intraoral imaging, etc.
- How is the patient made to feel comfortable during the procedure.
- Additionally also inquire about the emergency procedures and facilities in case the need arises.
Designer Smile Dentistry to the rescue:
Designer Smiles Dentistry Dentist in Missouri City TX, is all about building a good relationship with the patients and making a difference all the communities by perfecting the treatments. This is done by taking extra efforts to make process as painless as possible for the patients and help in removing the common fear of dentists in general. This is one place that is good for even the children. In general Designer Smiles Dentistry do treat children older than 5 years of age.
In general it is safe to say that prior to a cosmetic dental process there may be a record gathering session. However this process does depend and vary from clinic to clinic. Here is a glimpse of what to expect.
- An intraoral examination and inspection of existing dental work if any.
- X – Rays
- Intraoral Photographs
- Impression of the upper and lower teeth.
- Discussion about the tooth color.
- Use of a computer monitor to review your smile and the changes to be made.