How to Choosing a cosmetic Dentist?
It is likely that you are tempted to visit the first dentist that is close to you out of convenience. At times the selection of a cosmetic dentist is also based on the cost of the services. However with more number of dentists now offering cosmetic dentistry it is necessary to be more careful while picking the right one for yourself. There are wide range of cosmetic dentistry procedures available and since there are usually no referrals it becomes hard to find a good cosmetic dentist.
Insight into Cosmetic Dentistry:
Choosing a cosmetic Dentist can be hard however if you do have a regular dentist whom you have been visiting for regular checkups then it is likely that you dentist has your dental profile and is a good position to gauge what is best for you.
A cosmetic dentistry procedure at times doe require a strong supporting bone structure and gums. Being you regular dentist, they can advice you if you require additional evaluation of your bone structure and occlusion prior to an cosmetic dentistry. The regular dentist can also refer you to either a periodontist, endodontist, prosthodontist, orthodondist or even a oral maxillofacial surgon.
The importance of this initial check or correction is that it affects the longevity of cosmetic dental procedures. Hence if you are planning for a cosmetic treatment it is necessary to make sure you have an initial assessment. It is also recommended to have a word with a friend, relative or neighbour who has under gone as cosmetic dental procedure.
Putting the Cosmetic Dentist under the microscope:
The main factors to consider and check for a cosmetic dentist:
- Level of experience of the cosmetic dentist
- The skill the dentist possess and his expertise.
- Inquire about the associations or memberships of the dentist.
- Does the cosmetic dentist have any pictures of his previous patients. Usually a cosmetic dentist is likely to have a album of ‘before’ and ‘after’ pictures of his previous patients.
- Be confident to inquire about the facilities available at the clinic. For example the study models, bonding previews, imaging technology and the demonstrating procedures.
- Besides which inquire about the dental technologies implemented like lasers, CAD/CAM restoration, caries detection devices, intraoral imaging, etc.
- How is the patient made to feel comfortable during the procedure.
- Additionally also inquire about the emergency procedures and facilities in case the need arises.
Designer Smile Dentistry to the rescue:
Designer Smiles Dentistry Dentist in Missouri City TX, is all about building a good relationship with the patients and making a difference all the communities by perfecting the treatments. This is done by taking extra efforts to make process as painless as possible for the patients and help in removing the common fear of dentists in general. This is one place that is good for even the children. In general Designer Smiles Dentistry do treat children older than 5 years of age.
In general it is safe to say that prior to a cosmetic dental process there may be a record gathering session. However this process does depend and vary from clinic to clinic. Here is a glimpse of what to expect.
- An intraoral examination and inspection of existing dental work if any.
- X – Rays
- Intraoral Photographs
- Impression of the upper and lower teeth.
- Discussion about the tooth color.
- Use of a computer monitor to review your smile and the changes to be made.
Many of us have issues with our teeth. For some of us it happens at a young age and the others later in life.
If you are wondering how to prevent filling in teeth then one of the preventions is a regular dental check is recommended.
However if you do have tooth decay it is possible there are small to medium holes in the teeth.
This often gets very painful and often requires treatment. There are several options one of them being using a Dental composite filling and the other is a root canal treatment.
What is the Dental Composite Filling?
- Composite resin is a filling material that has been specially designed for aesthetic dental restoration.
- When it comes to filling dental cavities or the bonding of the front teeth, this is what is used.
- They can easily be designed and manufactured to resemble the shape and color as per the requirement. This filling consists of glass or quartz filter.
- In the past amalgam dental filing was popular too however the composite resin is more popular now.
- It contains only plastic and glass but no metal and hence can easily be shaped to resemble the real tooth.
The types of Dental filling:
- There are several types of dental filling available; however he more popular one are listed below:
- Amalgam, silver filling
- Composite resin or tooth colored filling
- Gold Filling
- The dentist is the best person to recommend the type of filling fit for you however the Composite Resin filling is more popular of the lot. There was a time when the options were limited and hence at that time the Amalgam silver filling was very popular.
- In general the composition of the amalgam filling is mercury mixed with silver, tin, zinc and copper; while the composite resin filling is more of plastic and glass. Porcelain is also often used as a filling material.
- Each of the type has its own advantages. The amalgam silver filling is highly durable and is often considered best for large cavities. Amalgam hardens faster as well hence that is sometimes very useful.
- On the other hand the composite resin filling can be made to match the color of your teeth thus making it hard to see the difference easily. The composite filling will not affect the other teeth either.
- In the sense that if the location of the tooth in question is such that it happens to rub against another tooth then it is likely that your good tooth will wear off when it comes in contact with the tooth will filling. This only true if amalgam filling is used though.
Dental Composite filling procedure:
- It usually requires an experienced cosmetic dentist to perform the procedure of placing the composite resin dental filling since it is slightly more complicated than the procedure for amalgam filling. To keep it short here are the steps performed.
- To start with the tooth is identified and made as dry as possible.
- It is necessary to first clear the infected part of the tooth; this can be done with the help of a drill or an air abrasion.
- The filling is then placed in layers over the opening.
- The layer of composition is then hardened under a special light.
- Once the tooth is filled is then shaped to resemble the real tooth.
- That was the process in brief. However this process is quite painful hence more often than not the dentist will use a local anaesthetic around the area of the tooth to make it numb prior to carrying out the procedure. It is only after the dentist has made sure that the tooth decay has been removed will he start the procedure.
Designer Smiles Dentistry:
- With Designer Smiles Dentistry dentist missouri city tx you can be sure to receive personalized care are treatment. They are a dedicated team of dentists and there is more to them just fixing or caring for your teeth.
- You will never be charged if you are simply in to find the source of that excruciating pain or a quick examination. You will be treated if you are over the age of 5. This is one place that doesn’t force you relate pain with a dentist since.
- Root Canal is referred to as a procedure that removes the diseased pulp from the root canal of your tooth. The pulp is a tissue and it contains the nerves and blood vessels that fill the teeth roots.
- The root secures the tooth to the gums and jawbone. This was the short and sweat explanation as to what is Root Canal.
- Here is the more detailed explanation. The tooth’s pulp is found in the center of each tooth and in canals. The connective tissue and nerves and blood vessels are found in the pulp.
- The pulp is responsible for nourishing the tooth when it first emerges through the gum. Hence the pulp can be removed once the tooth matures without causing any damage.
- In general idea is to save a tooth by this procedure and many of us already know, the dentists always advise us to hang on to your original teeth as far as it is possible.
What is a root canal procedure?
When a tooth is damaged infected the pulp that exists in each tooth is likely to be infected. This can be quite painful and even cause swelling. Here are few common issues that lead to a root canal treatment:
- Abscess: The pocket of infection that collects around the root of the tooth is called Abscess. Root canal treatment helps remove the infections and prevents it from spreading.
- Cavities: Plaque that is found on the teeth when the bacteria is not cleaned from the teeth. Plaque is bad news for the tooth since it eats away the teeth and causes small holes. These holes are called cavities. This needs to be treated (using root canal) treatment since otherwise the cavities can decay the tooth further and spread to other teeth.
- Trauma: A broken tooth as a result of an accident or injury can expose the pulp or root of the tooth. This is also not good news.
If you have always wanted to know what is a root canal treatment, then your search is over, because here it is in some detail.
- Route to Root: To start with the dentist with use anesthesia to numb the tooth since the first step can be quite painful without it. A dental instrument that distantly resembles a toothpick is used to make an opening through the crown of the tooth to the pulp chamber. This tool is called a Endodontic file.
- Clearing the infection: Special files are then used to clean the infection. These files are available in many different shapes and sizes to reach just about any tooth, no matter where it is. The cleaning process is followed by the shaping process for the filling material and finally the canals are cleared of any debris.
- Filling the Canals: A permanent material is used to fill the canals like gutta-percha. What this does is, it keeps the canals free of infections or contamination.
- The rebuilding: To start with a temporary filling is placed on the opening of the tooth. This is only till the custom made crown or cap is prepared after taking exact measurements. Once the crown is prepared, it replaces the temporary filling and is placed on top of the tooth. This crown is cemented into place and hence will remain intact for a long time.
Designer Smiles Dentistry:
- Designer Smiles Dentistry dentist 77459 is a place that is dedicated to providing you with personalized care.
- They are more than another place where you can fix your teeth. At this place they make you feel good and welcome from the minute you enter and make you change your perception about a dentist and stop relating it them excruciating pain.
- They provide treatment too all above the age of 5 and furthermore never charge to examine you and determine what is wrong.
It is common knowledge that it is important to brush the teeth daily and for the most part twice a day. It is also advisable to visit the Dentist for routine checkups periodically. The dentists often advice to keep away tobacco and to avoid smoking since they can badly stain the teeth. However there are also many food items and beverages that can stain the teeth.
Teeth stains are not acceptable to anyone. A dentist may be able to help with stain remover for teeth however some foods that stain your teeth can leave a mark for a long time to come. It is mainly the acidity factor in the foods and beverages that cause the most damage. The list below will help you determine what foods stain your teeth.
List of foods that stain your teeth easily
- Wine: Wine happens to be one of the acidic beverages that stains the teeth. Wine contains chromosomes and tannins and that is the main reason that the staining of the teeth occurs. The worst possible scenario is when you have a glass of wine followed shortly by a cup of tea since that will cause bad staining.
- Tea: The tea that is consumed normally is usually rich in tannins too, hence staining is a problem. Coffee too can stain the teeth, however tea is far worse.
- Cola: Cola can cause significant staining since it is acidic and chromogen rich. The fact is that the carbonated beverages have similar acidity level as compared to the acidity level of a battery. Hence the people who have usually take a can to their desk and sip slowly little at a time are the ones that it affects the most.
- Berries: Some fruits that are color intensive like blueberries, blackberries, and even cherries and grapes not to mention pomegranates can easily stain the teeth due to their strong color. The same applies to the food and beverages made from these berries.
- Sweets: Sweets are bad for teeth and we all know that. We know that they are the reason our teeth decay and fall off but that’s not the only downfall of having a lot of sweets and candy. The hard candies, popsicles and chewing gums can also stain the teeth.
- Sauces: Sauces like soya sauce, tomato sauce and other deeply colored sauces can cause staining too.
Tips on how to prevent staining
Some of the foods mentioned above are consumed regularly and we are going to continue to do so. Hence here are a few tips that can help reduce or prevent the staining of the teeth.
Straw: Making use of straw to drink instead directly from the glass can be beneficial and prevent staining to some extent. Although wine is something one does not drink out of the straw, the other drinks like cola and fruit juices can be.
Other factors: There are several other factors that can help prevent staining like swallowing the food properly. What is also good is to have something to drink after a meal or even brush your teeth.
Designer Smiles Dentistry
Designer Smiles Dentistry is dentist missouri city tx all about building a good relationship with the patients and making a difference all the communities by perfecting the treatments. This is done by taking extra efforts to make process as painless as possible for the patients and help in removing the common fear of dentists in general. This is one place that is good for even the children. In general Designer Smiles Dentistry do treat children older than 5 years of age.
Starting with the basics – what is a dental implant? To answer this in a simple manner, it is a replacement for a missing tooth. Our natural teeth can be divided into two parts to gain a better understanding of this. There is the visible section which is called the Crown and then there is the part that is not visible and extends into the jawbone; this called the root. When a tooth decays or is broken and it is beyond the abilities of the doctor to save it, one of the options is a dental implant. The dental implant is not just one unit; it consists of the following:
- Implant Device (inserted into the bone)
- Abutment (Connects the implant device to the Crown)
- Crown (The overlaying portion that is visible)
The term osseointegration which has been derived from a Greek word “Bone” (osteon) is the direct structural and functional connection between living bone and surface of a load bearing artificial implant. The implants used these days are usually made from titanium. This process makes the bone cells attach directly to the titanium surface. This locks the implant in place (in the jaw bone). This is a controlled surgical procedure that allows to place the dental implant directly into the jaw bone. Once this procedure is over it can be used to support the prosthetic tooth replacement. In addition to which it can also be useful in supporting a full arch (as in all the teeth).
Further research is being carried out to make use of Zirconium instead of Titanium to make the implants, however it has yet to be perfected.
Types of Dental Implants
There are two main types of dental implants as listed below:
- Endosteal: This is the type of dental implant that is commonly used. The shape is like that of screws, plates or cylinders and it is placed into the jawbone by surgery. It is possible for one implant to hold one or more prosthetic teeth. In general this is good alternative for the patients with bridge or removal dentures.
- Subperosteal: This type of implant is not in the bone but on top of the jaw. They are placed on the top with the help of a metal framework’s posts protruding through the gums that holds the prosthesis. In general patients that are unable to wear conventional dentures and those who have minimal bone height opt for this type of implant.
What to expect after the treatment
Dental implants are similar to your normal teeth when it comes to the care required after treatment. They too need to be brushed and flossed and kept clean and plaque free. Again just like your normal teeth a regular visit to the dentist for a routine check-up will keep you safe.
The treatment of Dental Implant is often confused with a surgery or procedure to replace and save just one tooth. However that is not correct. It really depend on the condition of your teeth, on the basis of which a customised treatment plan can be created. Here is a small list of treatment plans to help you better understand this.
- Replacement of a single tooth
- Replacement of Multiple teeth
- Replacing all teeth
- Sinus Augmentation
- Ridge Modification.
Designer Smiles Dentistry:
Designer Smiles Dentistry dentist missouri city is a place that is dedicated to providing you with personalized care. At this place they make you feel good and welcome from the minute you enter and make you change your perception about a dentist and stop relating it them excruciating pain. They provide treatment too all above the age of 5 and furthermore never charge to examine you and determine what is wrong. Furthermore they have a great deal of experience with many dental procedures including Dental Implants.
It often happens that a person are self-conscious about their teeth. This usually happens if the teeth are no white or are stained.
The other reasons for this to happen are crocked teeth or even a broken tooth.
Whatever the reason, it is not good to be self-conscious about ones teeth since this can hinder in your tasks and also cause a shift of focus from the main tasks at hand.
There is a solution though. You may have come across the terms like full mouth dental restoration or complete dental restoration.
These terms are simply describing the process of Cosmetic dental treatments that can help improve your confidence and bring back an improved smile on your face.
So what is dental restoration you may ask. There are basically several cosmetic dental procedures that exist to help improve the teeth structure an even improve or enhance your smile.
These are not all simple procedures; in the sense the procedure may be fairly simple if you have the correct skills (like a dentist does) however these procedures can bring a massive change to you jaw structure and face and also be effective for a complete restoration.
There are several cosmetic procedures at your disposal depending on the type of treatment your particular case demands. Here are the cosmetic procedures in brief:
Cavities are often formed in the teeth and need to be repaired. A ‘bonding’ or composite filling as it is called is used to fill these cavities and restore the tooth. The same treatment is applicable if you have a chipped tooth or a broken tooth. The filling plays an important role in preventing infection by covering the exposed root surface and is also very handy to fill in gaps.
Over a time the teeth tend to get stained or discoloured due to several reasons including food, drinking or smoking. Bleaching the teeth can help reverse this process.
Venners are used when your tooth is damaged, discoloured or even misaligned. It comes in handy since due to its unique ability to camouflage the portion of the bad tooth. It is basically a thin custom made tooth colored shell that can be bonded on to the teeth. In general they are used to restore that perfect smile and require very little to no treatment on the current tooth.
Dental Implants come in handy when you have one or more missing teeth. An artificial root is surgically placed in to the jaw in the place of the missing tooth. There are several types of dental implants available like porcelain crown, bridges or dentures. All of them are usually custom made to specially fit in the unique area of your mouth.
A crown is a custom built cover that is used to cover the entire tooth to restore its original shape and size. Such crowns are meant to protect the tooth. In general the teeth with a large cavities or broken filling utilize Porcelain Crowns also known a caps.
Our teeth often need straightening and often the only solution suggested is braces. However orthodontics makes this process easier and hence it is more appealing to adults as well. This simple procedure can bring back your beautiful smile.
Designer Smiles Dentistry:
- Designer Smiles Dentistry cosmetic dentist sugar land tx. They provide personalized care and treatment.
- They have a dedicated team of dentists to help with you many different problems. You don’t need to pay to find out what is wrong with you.
- They offer free examination and consultation too. As long as you are over 5 years old we will treat you.
A dental plan may seem unnecessary to those who do not believe in visiting the Dentist very often or opting to go for a regular checkup. On the other hand, for people with poor dental health background, a dental plan may seem useful and economical. Hence there are several dental plans available from many different firms. However it is important to understand the fine conditions and details of your best dental plan; since it often happens that they do not cover all kinds of treatments.
What is a Dental Plan?
It is important that you do not get confused between a medical plan and a dental plan. A medical plan which will usually cover may illness and injuries on your body, will generally not cover any dental bills. Hence all the procedures or check-ups at a dentist’s place will not be covered by this plan.
A dental plan is usually required to cover the dental services that you undergo. Again most dental plans will be such that they require the member to provide “out – of – pocket” costs as well like, co-insurance, deductions, co-payment etc. Such kind of elements will control the premiums that the members is required to pal periodically. There are also classes of services for example there is preventive and diagnostic services. This may include services like filling and will usually be by almost any dental plan. However not every dental procedure will be covered by a standard dental plan and furthermore depending on the type of plan there are also likely to be restrictions the number of times and frequency of the claims.
In general with simple and preventive dental services you are not likely to overshoot the dental plan of yours. However if there has been a dental surgery or procedure of any kind, then in this case you may have to wait till next year for any other services or register again as per the instructions.
What a dental plan covers?
Almost all dental plans will have their set limits on the number of services one can avail. Here is the same in more detail:
- There will generally be a limit on the number of exams, cleanings and even x-rays that the plans covers every year.
- The plans are also likely to have time limits on the dental procedures like replacement of crown and even prosthetics (eg. B ridges, implants or dentures).
- Procedures like teeth whitening and other similar cosmetic procedures are not likely to be covered by a normal dental plan.
There are several alternatives to reduce costs for the procedures that are not covered by your normal dental plan. For example there is discount dental plan that people can take advantage off to extend the services not covered by the conventional plan.
The Dental Health Maintenance Organization (DHMO)
The Dental Health Maintenance Organization (DHMO) can be compared to a medical HMO. It is a place where you can obtain the kind of care that is included in your plan. The way this usually works is that when you join a DHMO you select a primary care dentist who coordinates all care related matters with the outside world and is also able to refer you to specialist if seemed necessary. However it then becomes necessary to first visit the primary care dentist when you require assistance. There are several advantages for using this kind of network as well. It will generally mean almost nil paperwork and the payment process would also be quite simple.
Dental Preferred Provider Organization (DDPO)
A dental preferred provider organization (DPPO) is quite similar to a medical PPO; in the sense that you will generally have the option of choosing providers inside or outside your plan’s network. There is one unique feature as in where you do not need to select a primary dentist or even get referrals to see specialists. On the other hand going out –of-network means you will have to shell out more as well (but less than the full cost).
DPPO is also not demanding when it comes to paperwork provided you stay in the network.
Dental Indemnity Plan
A dental indemnity plan is more flexible where in you can choose any dentist you like and do not even require a referral to visit a specialist. This plan does not have any defined network either. There is usually more responsibility on you in this plan, on matters concerning the cost.
There can be nothing worse than a surprise cost that you knew nothing about. Hence always make sure you get the information right and request an explanation multiple time if necessary.
Picking the right dentist an d dental plan is also not very simple; and requires for you to take several things into consideration.
Designer Smiles dentistry cosmetic dentist sugar land tx is a place that can solve all your issues. They have a wonderful team of dentists and staff who maintain a good environment . You will never feel like you visiting a dentist here. Even the children are welcome as long as they are older than 5.
There comes a time when your teeth need attention either due to an accident pertaining to the Jaw or due to a decaying tooth. The job of the Dentist is not place all kinds of medical instruments in your mouth to cause pain, but it is to help save your teeth. Hence in general all Dentsit’s always do their best to save your natural teeth. The reason is simple, the natural teeth can always replaced with some procedure however no treatment can be as good a to keep your natural teeth. At times like these Dental Implants are used to restore the set of teeth or jaw structure.
What is Dental Implant?
A dental implant procedure involves inserting an artificial tooth in the jaw to hold the artificial tooth in place. This can be a single tooth or a set of teeth. This is usually a long term solution however it can be either temporary solution or permanent. Loss of teeth often cause the deformation of the Jaw structure. The Dental Implant procedure can restore the Jaw Structure as well.
Dental Implants are also used as an alternative to the dreaded dentures, since any reference to a ‘Denture’ is enough to stop the patient in their place. Besides which a denture will require more maintenance and attention. They are also considered better compared to the usual bridge and crowns due to the fact that they are not just cemented in place. With Dental Implants (Titanium being the popular type of implant), a fusion of the bone with the implant takes place (Osseointegration), which is highly efficient.
A dental implant is more suitable if you have strong jaw bones since it needs to hold the teeth in place. The alternative is to make use of a metal plate that is place on top of the jaw bone and below the gums.
Benefits of Dental Implants
- There are several advantages of using dental implant:
- A dental implant can be permanent and is also very durable.
- This can be looked at like a one time solution and hence is quite affordable.
- Dental implants look quite natural
- There is usually no discomfort after the dental implant procedure
- The dental implant procedure does not involve displacing any other teeth.
- The dental imnplant treatement has a very high success ratio
- Maintenace after the treatment is almost non existent.
Dental Implants procedure
This is a fairly straight forward procedure that requires minimal preparation. However the Dentist will first perform an initial checkup of the patient to make sure there are no special issues that need to be taken care off. The initial check involves analysing the sinus, nerves and jaw bone structure in proximity of the operating area. The dentists make use of X-Ray reports to study the detailed structure of the upper and lower teeth as well as the bone structure to help them determine the bone health. Finally they also make sure there is no gum decay.
The procedure itself starts with application of general anaesthesia (in most cases). However it can also be local or intravenous sedation or even nitrous oxide. The entire procedure involves of 3 – 5 short sessions of 30 minutes each.
The procedure can be described to have three stages:
- Placement of the dental implant in the jaw bone.
- The healing period; usually several months.
- Placement of an abutment followed by prosthesis or crown.
Designer Smiles Dentistry:
Designer Smiles Dentistry cosmetic dentist in Missouri city tx always makes sure you receive personalized care are treatment. They are a dedicated team of dentists and there is more to them just fixing or caring for your teeth. Here it is free to find the source of that excruciating pain or a quick examination. You will be treated if you are over the age of 5
Choosing a dentist is no big deal for many people. The way it works is that many of us already visit a dentist regularly, but there are also many of those who do not. Such people tend to visit a dentist only when they are out of options because of a nagging tooth ache. Whatever the case may be it is not a good idea to select the first or the most economical Dentist you come across. At times even a general practitioner may recommend a dentist, which you could consider after checking a certain factors. But how to choose a Dentist that is right for you?
Here is a brief list of factors to help you select the best dentist for yourself.
- Qualification: All doctors require a license to practice and the dentist are no exception. The dentists can be either one of the two:
- Doctors of Dental Surgery (DDS)
- Doctors of Dental Medicine (DMD)
What this means is that the doctor has completed the minimum required period (2 years) of per dental college work after which comes the four years of dental school. This qualifies them to take the national and state exam in order to obtain the licence.
- Specialties: The dentists can also study to be specialists in certain areas of dentistry. Such special qualifications will generally mean at least two years of additional studies and advanced training or schooling. A few of the special areas of study are:
- Pediatric Dentistry
- Root canal therapy
- Oral and maxillofacial surgery
- Restorative treatments like crowns, bridges and dentures, gum treatment, etc.
- Fees: It is a good idea to get a clear picture of how much a treatment is going to cost prior to signing up for anything. On the other hand it is not a good idea to select a Dentist based exclusively on how much it is going to cost. There are several insurance packages that do cover many kinds of dental treatments however they may not cover all. Hence make sure the insurance plan that you select covers yours treatment prior to signing up for it. The patients who do not have insurance usually can avail some kind of in house discount plan.
- An ideal Dentist Routine: A dentist will generally recommend a routine check-up and cleaning, as well as periodontal exams, bit evaluations and even x-rays as a part of their preventive care. Furthermore they usually are also able to advice you on the various treatments that you are likely to require down the line.
Designer Smiles Dentistry
Designer Smiles Dentistry is all about building a good relationship with the patients and making a difference all the communities by perfecting the treatments. This is done by taking extra efforts to make process as painless as possible for the patients and help in removing the common fear of dentists in general. This is one place in Missouri city dentist that is good for even the children. In general Designer Smiles Dentistry do treat children older than 5 years of age.
It is well known that that a large number of people do fear a visit to a dentist. I guess it is the thought of a sharp object or machine tool entering the mouth that is not very good for the imagination of a potential patient. Then there those who have had first-hand experiences and afraid to visit dentist because of their previous painful visit. The good thing is that the dental procedures are improving and at times general anaesthesia is also used where possible to reduce the pain.
The main issue that the fear of a dentist should now cloud your judgement or that of our child’s. Nothing could be worse than neglecting the dental requirements of your developing child.
What is a Pediatric Dentist?
The development of the teeth starts early in children and though they do not keep their baby teeth they may still require care or dental treatment. The dentists who are dedicated to the oral health of children from infants to teenagers are called pediatric dentists. These dentists are able to provide all the special care that is required for the child’s teeth, mouth and gums during the childhood.
Pediatric Dentists are also dentists who have undergone at least four years of dental school. In addition to which they need to have completed special residency training for infants, children, teens, etc.
Why choose a Pediatric dentist?
The baby teeth do not last forever but still need proper care and protection. This is important because the care taken during these developing stages of a child can prove invaluable for the overall development of the child. Here are a few more pointers on the important of a pediatric dentist:
The primary teeth of a child are a good guide how the permanent teeth are going to form.
The child will have the primary teeth for a better part of their childhood and hence proper care and maintenance is necessary.
The proper transition from primary teeth to permanent teeth is necessary since this is likely to go on up till the age of 12 to 13 years.
Types of treatment
Here is a short list of treatments provided by pediatric dentists:
- Oral Health examinations and a risk assessment for the child.
- Recommending diet changes and providing preventive dental care
- They can also provide counselling for bad habits like thumb sucking etc.
- They have the ability to provide an early assessment of any treatment that may be required.
- Provide care for dental injuries.
Understanding the importance of baby teeth
When it comes to children it is a good idea to have your facts right:
- The child’s teeth begin to appear at the age of 6 to 9 months.
- There is no cause for alarm if they start to appear earlier, like after three months
- Nor is there any cause for concern if they appear a bit late like after 12 months.
- The first teeth to appear are the molars, followed by the canines.
- The infant’s teeth and gums should be whipped after every feeding with a clean wet cloth.
- Start the child’s brushing routine only after the age of 2 by making use of a small toothbrush and using minimal amount of fluoridated toothpaste.
- It is a good idea to visit a pediatric dentist after your child is one year old.
Designer Smiles Dentistry
Designer Smiles Dentistry best dentist sugarland is all about building a good relationship with the patients and making a difference all the communities by perfecting the treatments. This is done by taking extra efforts to make process as painless as possible for the patients and help in removing the common fear of dentists in general.