- Root Canal is referred to as a procedure that removes the diseased pulp from the root canal of your tooth. The pulp is a tissue and it contains the nerves and blood vessels that fill the teeth roots.
- The root secures the tooth to the gums and jawbone. This was the short and sweat explanation as to what is Root Canal.
- Here is the more detailed explanation. The tooth’s pulp is found in the center of each tooth and in canals. The connective tissue and nerves and blood vessels are found in the pulp.
- The pulp is responsible for nourishing the tooth when it first emerges through the gum. Hence the pulp can be removed once the tooth matures without causing any damage.
- In general idea is to save a tooth by this procedure and many of us already know, the dentists always advise us to hang on to your original teeth as far as it is possible.
What is a root canal procedure?
When a tooth is damaged infected the pulp that exists in each tooth is likely to be infected. This can be quite painful and even cause swelling. Here are few common issues that lead to a root canal treatment:
- Abscess: The pocket of infection that collects around the root of the tooth is called Abscess. Root canal treatment helps remove the infections and prevents it from spreading.
- Cavities: Plaque that is found on the teeth when the bacteria is not cleaned from the teeth. Plaque is bad news for the tooth since it eats away the teeth and causes small holes. These holes are called cavities. This needs to be treated (using root canal) treatment since otherwise the cavities can decay the tooth further and spread to other teeth.
- Trauma: A broken tooth as a result of an accident or injury can expose the pulp or root of the tooth. This is also not good news.
If you have always wanted to know what is a root canal treatment, then your search is over, because here it is in some detail.
- Route to Root: To start with the dentist with use anesthesia to numb the tooth since the first step can be quite painful without it. A dental instrument that distantly resembles a toothpick is used to make an opening through the crown of the tooth to the pulp chamber. This tool is called a Endodontic file.
- Clearing the infection: Special files are then used to clean the infection. These files are available in many different shapes and sizes to reach just about any tooth, no matter where it is. The cleaning process is followed by the shaping process for the filling material and finally the canals are cleared of any debris.
- Filling the Canals: A permanent material is used to fill the canals like gutta-percha. What this does is, it keeps the canals free of infections or contamination.
- The rebuilding: To start with a temporary filling is placed on the opening of the tooth. This is only till the custom made crown or cap is prepared after taking exact measurements. Once the crown is prepared, it replaces the temporary filling and is placed on top of the tooth. This crown is cemented into place and hence will remain intact for a long time.
Designer Smiles Dentistry:
- Designer Smiles Dentistry dentist 77459 is a place that is dedicated to providing you with personalized care.
- They are more than another place where you can fix your teeth. At this place they make you feel good and welcome from the minute you enter and make you change your perception about a dentist and stop relating it them excruciating pain.
- They provide treatment too all above the age of 5 and furthermore never charge to examine you and determine what is wrong.