To keep your teeth as shining as they were meant to be, a special care with few steps is what you need.
Use straw to consume teeth staining drinks
Whether you are watching a movie, or attending a party a little care while drinking soda beverages with straw will keep your teeth safe from getting stained. Use a straw to consume your drinks.
Not only soda drinks, other beverages that consist caffeine can easily leave a stain. Also try to avoid alcohol in excess, especially wine.
Consume little and beware of these products
Few edibles may be in you good list, but eating them regularly can leave a mark, like blueberries, beet root, Tomato and soy sauce. Eating them up can satisfy your taste buds, but make sure teeth are cleaned after having them.
If your teeth have turned dull and lost their shininess then only a dentistry expert can help you out.
But which best practice do they offer
It is called tooth whitening, with this procedure the brightness of the teeth can be enhanced. It takes a small amount of time on your teeth and can last long for 3 to 6 months. However, this procedure cannot be done without doing the proper study on your dental condition. The dentist will first check the condition of your teeth and suggest this procedure only if required, because not necessary that only tooth whitening can help you with the dullness in the tooth. You might have another tooth issue, such as
- Sensitive teeth
- Decay on your teeth
- Infected gums
- And other conditions
How Designer Smiles Dentistry can help you defeat the discolored teeth?
Here, Dentistry experts do not apply the procedure without a proper study. They examine patients past dental condition, current issue and then only suggest the treatment to be applied. For them patients’ satisfaction with the treatment is more important than extorting money by applying the wrong treatment.
Other than teeth whitening they also offer services like,
The dentists are available 6 days a week and provide services on urgent cases immediately on weekends. Designer Smiles Dentistry offers various tooth related services under 5 different categories. Not only this, they also provide free consultation with the X-ray report.
Currently they are offering services like, cleaning, exam, and digital x-rays in just $89. So hurry and give them a call on 281-206-4444 and schedule an appointment today. You can also visit their website.
Cosmetic dentistry comes into the picture when it concerns the teeth appearance and smile enrichment. This particular subject requires skill to give stature to unbalanced and deformed teeth, filling of hollow teeth, developing whiteness in teeth, and creating new teeth. This is not just a technique, rather it requires a good practical knowledge of, aesthetics, tooth whitening, dentin bonding, and anterior composite techniques.
The cosmetic dentistry covers up following treatment:
Tooth color restorations can be done on following types of teeth problems:
- Chips, rough spots, cavities and cracks.
- Uneven teeth
- Gaps between the teeth
Broken crooked teeth
- Bleaching: No one likes discolored teeth. This procedure is recommended to everyone. The cosmetic dentistry Missouri city will remove stains from your teeth in just one sitting.
- Porcelain Veneers / Laminates: To make smile more charming, use this procedure. The experts will cement a thin layer of porcelain to the tooth and then cement the laminates to that particular tooth, which looks natural.
- Gum contouring: Excessive exposure of gum during smile is a big no, so to get rid of gummy smile, take this procedure. After a sitting, experts can tell you, which gum contouring treatment will be best suited. It can either be an aesthetic problem or more.
- Tooth jewelry: Without harming your tooth surface, this enhances your smile. Also, if you plan to remove them in future, they will not leave a mark on your tooth.
This is not a one man task, a good communication between team members in the laboratory is must. By good communication we mean, a dentist must tell his or her vision precisely to the laboratory technician. There was a time when cosmetic dentistry was not well known among the dental aspirants, but looking at the demand for a smile makeover, it has now become the most aspired subject among the dental students. Though, cosmetic dentistry requires strong theory and practical knowledge and years of experience.
Understanding Cosmetic dentists
A Cosmetic dentist has the ability to improve your smile with the cosmetic dental treatment. These dentists possess the knowledge of endodontic and periodontics. These dentists are affiliated with the dentistry organizations.
Understanding the difference between Cosmetic and restorative Dentistry
They both require the different type of expertise, though that both include implanting and crowing. Where restorative dentists make sure the teeth functions properly after the restoration process, cosmetic dentist, together with the restoration, also focus on the beauty of the face. They focus even on the little things to enhance a patient’s smile.
Role of Cosmetic Consultant
Referring a good cosmetic consultant is a good idea. When you visit to a consultant, they ask you about your dental history, if any, and discuss about your expectations. They examine your teeth, face structure, smile and advice you the suitable treatment with the number of sitting charges.
Many dentists have claimed to be a cosmetic dentist which is unethical, in fact to become a cosmetic dentist, one needs to take a 2 to 4 year recognized course which is accepted by the ADA.
In general while discussing about food we usually discuss which food are good for health and which are not. However we rarely ever discuss which food adversely affect our teeth in some way or the other. There are several teeth staining drinks by which our teeth are affected. Here is a brief list of items by which our teeth are usually affected:
- Black Coffee and black Tea are the dark beverages that can cause staining on teeth. This can be avoided by adding a little extra milk to the drink.
- Wine too is a culprit. In fact both red and white wine when had in excess will stain the teeth; they do this by etching tiny groves in the teeth which then stain.
- Popular colas and soft drinks are highly acidic and increase the risk of staining too.
- Although berries are good for the health in general they will stain your teeth if had in excess. This includes berries like blueberries, cranberries, raspberries and cherries too, to name a few.
- Sauces like Soy sauce and tomato sauce can also easily stain the teeth.
- Amongst the other foods that affect the teeth are Juices, Pickles, Vinegar, Candy sweets, beets, popsicles, etc.
On the other there are also several foods that are helpful and aid the tooth whitening as listed below:
- Apples, Pears, Guavas
- Cucumbers, Cauliflower
- Cheese, Sesame Seeds, Salmon
- Onion, Mushroom, Ginger, Carrots, Basil, etc.
- Even green vegetables like broccoli, spinach help to some extent since they contain an acid resistant filk.
Tips to avoid staining of the teeth
- Using the straw: A quick solution to avoid staining from drinks is to use a straw. Several drinks cause staining as mention above and using a straw solves this issue an make it easy for you to enjoy ad guilt free drink be it soda, dark tea or coffee.
- Teeth Stains cussing food: The food that are known to cause stains like berries and wine and the other already mentioned should be avoided or had in moderation. However if you do love your food and cannot stay away from these items make sure to rinse your mouth after eating. In fact it is a good idea to brush lightly 20 -30 minutes after eating.
Designer Smiles Dentistry
Designer Smiles Dentistry is all about building a good relationship with the patients and making a difference all the communities by perfecting the treatments. This is done by taking extra efforts to make process as painless as possible for the patients and help in removing the common fear of dentists in general. This is one place that is good for even the children. In general Designer Smiles Dentistry do treat children older than 5 years of age because we believe in caring for your teeth and the earlier you start the better.
Almost all of us are of what are dental implants. However for those of who are not familiar with it here is brief introduction. A dental implant essentially an artificial tooth root that can placed into the jaw to replace a broken tooth. The procedure can be used for more than one tooth as well. There are several types of dental implants. Those that go on the bone and the one that goes in the bone. The dental implant procedure is optimal for those who suffer from either a broken tooth due to any reason.
Overview of dental implants
The dental implant surgery can be carried out in the dentist clinic in most of the cases. However if the clinic does not have the appropriate facilities, it is a good idea to use a hospital. In most cases it is possible to use local anaesthesia however at times other types of sedation can also be used like nitro-us oxide or oral intravenous sedation. Additional surgeries that are required can be performed separately.
The three step surgical process
There are several methods of placing a dental implant however one of the most popular methods is the ‘Staged Surgery’. This surgery occurs in three stages. The first stage involves burying the implant surgically. This replaces the tooth root. This involves placing flushing the bone underneath the gum. This is required to heal for a short period of time.
The second stage only starts after the healing process is complete. The healing process takes a while however it is monitored by the dentist at regular intervals. At the end of the healing process the implant is surgically exposed by removing some of the overlying gums. The surgeon then connects a post that penetrates through the gums and with the implant. This is better known as abutment. The gums will quickly heal around the abutment an it will form a cuff or collar. Once this is healed the surgeon will prepare the area to place the prosthetic tooth or teeth.
At times the abutment is placed at the same time of the implant however this is not always possible. Once all is healed the third stage is carried out which involves fabricating and connecting the prosthetic teeth.
The one stage Surgery
This is one stage surgery that implements a non submerged implant with a metal collar that is designed to protrude through the gums. The abutment is connected is connected to the implant. This requires only one surgery although it does require at least two visits to the dentist. The impressions are measured in the first visit itself and are prepared before the start of the next meeting.
General success rate for dental implant
Dental implants are highly popular and have been around since a long time. However dental implants do not have a high success ratio. Once the dental implant has been completed, it is allowed to heal during which time it can also be monitored.
Designer Smiles Dentistry:
Designer Smiles dentist Missouri city tx is where all the dental procedures take place. There are several clinics around however this is not one to those kind of places where you can only think about when it will be all over. I mean to say it isn’t the traditional dull environment of a dentist’s clinic. In fact this place will treat kids as well as long as they are above the age of 5. Besides with their high level of experience you cannot go wrong.
Good Dental hygiene is something that is required on a daily basis. The plaque is caused by the bacteria that are present in the mouth. The mouth will in general have a lot of bacteria and thus this needs to be dealt with on a daily basis. Plaque is always bad news, since it causes cavities and gingivitis and also leads to periodontal diseases. Thus the only solution would be to follow the oral hygiene instructions provided by your dentist regularly.
However it is necessary to care and precautions against such diseases on a daily basis. The reason being that although there is an alternative to you natural teeth, nothing can replace the original state or feeling.
Hence here are Oral hygiene tips which explain how to have good oral hygiene:
Getting rid of plaque
The best prevention for plaque is to brush and clean between your teeth on a daily basis. In fact it is recommended that you brush or clear your teeth twice a day. In general all the plaque will be removed from the tooth surface by brushing. Thus it is necessary to have a tooth brush of the correct shape and size for it to be effective.
The trick is to makes sure the size of the tooth brush is correct so that it reaches all corners of your mouth. In addition to this it is also necessary to floss daily to prevent gum diseases.
Brushing – Doing it right
Brushing is a task of do daily and get so used to it that we don’t are to check if it is being done in the right manner. Hence here are few tips to make sure you are doing it right
- The tooth brush should be placed at an angle of 45 degrees to the gums.
- It is necessary to be gentle with your teeth while brushing so that you do not damage your gums. At times if you get to carried away it is possible to injure yourself causing bleeding from gums.
- It is necessary to brush on all the surfaces or sizes like outer tooth surface, the inner surface as well as the chewing surface.
- The tip of the brush should be used to clean the inside surfaces of the front teeth.
- It is also necessary to brush your tongue to remove bacteria an freshen your breath.
Flossing – the correct method
Flossing is not quite common amongst many people; although it is recommended to perform this on a regular basis as well. Here several tips to get it right and be efficient at it.
- It is best to use approximately 18 inches of floss and start by winding it around the middle fingers of each hand.
- It should be held tightly between the thumbs and the forefingers.
- The floss should be guided between your teeth using a gentle rubbing motion.
- After reaching the line of the gum curve the floss into a C shape against the tooth.
- You need to slide it into the space between the gum and the teeth.
- Also use the same technique on the other side and upper teeth as well.
Designer Smiles Dentistry
Designer Smiles Missouri city dentist is all about building a good relationship with the patients and making a difference all the communities by perfecting the treatments. This is done by taking extra efforts to make process as painless as possible for the patients and help in removing the common fear of dentists in general. This is one place that is good for even the children. In general Designer Smiles Dentistry do treat children older than 5 years of age.
A smile is an integral part of everyone’s personality, however it often happens that bad teeth can ruin your smile and also result in lack of confidence. There is an old saying which goes like this “A good smile warms hearts and opens many doors”. This is quite true and has also been proven with the help of several surveys that have been conducted. A smile can make a big difference, often it is the difference between getting out of the hardest predicament and being stuck forever.
Furthermore has several benefits for which there are few other alternatives. These include making your appearance more attractive, in fact if can even change your mood for the good when you are feeling down or bad. In addition to which a smile is also contagious, hence when someone smiles it also affects the others around him and helps lift the spirit of the entire group. But that is not all, a good smile can also relieve stress, boost your immune system and lower your blood pressure . Hence a smile is good or oral health and overall health.
Hence here are a few oral health tips to help you keep smiling by avoiding several bad oral habits like using hard bristle tooth brushes:
Infrequent or no flossing
Almost all of us are aware of the benefits of brushing twice a day and the consequences of not doing so. However it is also equally important to floss daily. Flossing helps maintain a better and healthier smile. Brushing is good and does serve the purpose of keeping the teeth clean however flossing goes one step further and also helps remove the cavity causing bacteria that is often stuck between the teeth. Hence flossing is highly recommended and good for oral health too.
When to brush
It often happens that we may have consumed acidic food or a beverage of acidic nature. This includes sports and energy drinks, citrus fruits and even tomatoes and wine. It is a good idea to brush your teeth after a meal but it is important to note when you do it. Ideally one should have a glass of water and rinse their mouth and maintain a gap of at least 30 minutes before brushing. This will help preventing you from brushing the acid on to teeth and in turn causing more harm.
Frequency of changing tooth brush
A toothbrush does not last forever and hence we need to replace it quite often. However there is no fixed period for replacing the toothbrush. That said it should be replaced at least every 3 to 4 months. However it is also necessary to keep tabs on the wear and tear of the bristles and make sure you replace it as soon as it begins to wear off. In addition to which it is also a good practice to replace the toothbrush after a bad recovering from a bad cold.
Going to the extremes with Bleaching the teeth
Excessive bleaching will make the teeth appear very white however they will look quite unnatural. In addition to which it will also result in lowering the tooth sensitivity. It is always a good idea to consult a doctor prior to using any kind of home bleaching pack. The reason being that improper use of bleach can end up doing more harm. It is important to use the right kind of bleaching system and the right amount of it as well.
Designer Smiles Dentistry:
Designer Smiles Dentistry dentist in missouri city tx always makes sure you receive personalized care are treatment. They are a dedicated team of dentists and there is more to them just fixing or caring for your teeth. Here it is free to find the source of that excruciating pain or a quick examination. You will be treated if you are over the age of 5.
- Our teeth vary in shape and size depending on where they are placed in our mouth. Every tooth is required since each has a different function. We have:
- Incisors used to cut or incise food;
- Canines used to hold, grasp or tear food;
- Premolars used to hold food, and to crush food as well;
- Molars used grind the food
- Thus will all the teeth having different functionality all of them are required for our wellbeing. Besides which it also gives the correct structure to your jaw enabling us to possess that perfect and healthy smile.
- Thus the teeth need to be protected from tooth decay and other issues like gum diseases, etc.
Maintaining Healthy Teeth:
- How to maintain strong teeth is a question that is quite common. But you will be glad to know that it isn’t all that hard to maintain bright white teeth.
- It is a good practice to brush twice a day and properly. Besides which you also need to maintain good eating habits and regularly visit a dentist to prevent any dental problems. This will ensure that you always have healthy and strong teeth.
Bright Teeth Whitening:
- Even if you do your best to maintain healthy and white teeth it is possible that over time the teeth become discolored or yellow and dull and thus look unattractive.
- There are several teeth whiting toothpastes available however at times they are not very effective. However you need not despair, since all is not lost.
- You can talk to your dentist about the problem and they will have the perfect solution for you to restore your bright white teeth.
- Good diet goes hand in hand with good and healthy teeth; since what you eat affects your teeth. A healthy diet consisting of fruits and vegetables, whole grains and proteins benefit the overall health.
- How to get strong white teeth? It is true that drinking milk builds strong bones and teeth. Calcium is very important, especially during the childhood. At the same time the body also needs Vitamin C to repair connective tissue and help prevent infection.
- Thus a good diet consists of milk, fruits and vegetates and drink plenty of water. On the other hand it is a good idea to avoid sugary snacks and the often bottle of soda.
- Smoking or other tobacco products are not only bad for your health but they will also affect the teeth in a bad manner. It is important to look out for signs of disease and always visit the dentist regularly for a quick check up.
Designer Smiles Dentistry:
- Designer Smiles Dentistry dentist missouri city tx is a place that is dedicated to providing you with personalized care. They are more than another place where you can fix your teeth.
- At this place they make you feel good and welcome from the minute you enter and make you change your perception about a dentist and stop relating it them excruciating pain.
- They provide treatment too all above the age of 5 and furthermore never charge to examine you and determine what is wrong.
“Prevention is better than cure ” – This is true for your cavities as well:
In matters of general care and hygiene we often tend to rely on our wisdom as well as advice from the elders. There are times when that is perfectly ok but there are also times when it fails miserably. Our wisdom and even advice from others may have been in the best interest but we it is possible we overlook several subtleties that end up being big issues. Hence the result is one needs to seek help and cures. There may be several natural ways to cure cavities however it is always better to prevent such a thing from happening in the first place.
Getting it right:
Here is a good instance of how our traditional wisdom may fail us. Most of us believe that cavities are caused by sugar residue that resides on our teeth after having a meal. The bacteria in our mouth thrives on it and produces acid which over a time is the reason why our teeth decay. Hence most of think if we rinse our mouth after a meal we are safe.
However the fact is that like many other diseases the root cause of tooth decay is mainly malnutrition. There are several others causes like often an imbalance is created due to in adequate amount of vitamins and minerals. This is often compensated by pulling minerals from our teeth.
The natural ways to heal the cavities may come in handy however nothing can replace the original set of teeth.
Fat soluble vitamins are dissolved in fat like Vitamins A,D,E,K. Hence it is fine as far as you having a normal diet which normally would include a certain amount of fat. However that is not the case with low-fat diets many people take up while on a strict schedule to loose weight. Hence this can cause a very dangerous imbalance in your diet and hence the malnutrition. However the good news is that this imbalance is easy to compensate by incorporating a few key vitamins supplements or alternative diet with the necessary vitamins.
Of the four essential vitamins that are often found in fat, animals food like beef, chicken, fish liver oil and whole dairy product\s are a good source for Vitamin A. At the same time dark leafy vegetables are also a good source of Vitamin A.
Vitamin D is the essential vitamin that is required to maintain normal blood sugar levels. Fish, eggs and sunlight area good source for to complement this. There are two forms of vitamins D which together are often known as calciferous. As a matter of fact 10 – 15 minutes of direct sunlight daily is one of the most source for vitamin D.
Vitamin is E is essential for cell health and one of the best source is nuts and seeds as well as whole grains and animals foods.
Vitamin K is actually a group of vitamins like vitamins K1, K2, K3, K4, and K5. Vitamin K is essential for proper blood clotting and also supports bone health. Dark leave plants are a good source of vitamin K since chlorophyll is high in vitamin K.
Designer Smiles Dentistry:
Designer Smiles Dentistry missouri city dentist is where all the dental procedures take place. Besides with their high level of experience you cannot go wrong.
Ways to Get Whiter Teeth:
A good smile is a bright smile where the color of your teeth do matter. It is commonly found that people with a brighter smile and whiter teeth get a better response from other people as compared to those with stained or discolored teeth. A good smile can make a very big difference so much so that a survey that was recently conducted on an online match making website that approximately 70% said that a good and bright smile makes all the difference.
In fact having a good and bright smile has many benefits besides getting a good match on dating site. A good smile can also improve your chances of getting your dream job. The reason being that when it comes down to the final selection if you do have a fabulous and bright smile it will give you the upper edge. Teeth whitening from a Dentist is beneficial since it is natural teeth whitener process.
Basic tips for whiter teeth (giving you insight to ways to get white teeth):
Baking soda: It is advisable not to use baking soda on your teeth. Although it is a super cleaner for things around the house, it is certainly not meant for the teeth. The reason being that although it will make your teeth cleaner and whiter, it is also capable of causing damage as well.
Dark Foods: There are also several foods that are the culprit when it comes to dark teeth. For example foods like blueberries, sauce, soy sauce are marinara sauce top the do not eat list since these foods are very dark color pigmentation.
Energy Drinks: It is common knowledge that beverages like tea, coffee and red wine are the ones that can stain your teeth. In addition to that energy drinks can to adversely affect your teeth. The reason being that contain acid and hence have an eroding effect on the teeth. On the other hand if you must have an energy drink it is advisable to use a straw.
Toothbrush: Changing your toothbrush regularly can make a big difference too. An old toothbrush or a toothbrush with many bristles bent or broken will not do a good job of cleaning your teeth. Hence in general it is a good idea to replace the toothbrush within an interval of 3 months
Brushing regularly: The purpose of brushing the teeth is not only to have a fresh breath, it is also helps clean the teeth and prevent staining. Brushing helps remove any accumulated bacteria.
Food that matters: Food items like fruits and vegetables and even other crunchy foods are good for the teeth. In fact some of the vegetables can also help remove the surface stains and plaque as well.
Designer Smiles Dentistry:
Designer Smiles Dentistry dentist 77459 always makes sure you receive personalized care are treatment. They are a dedicated team of dentists and there is more to them just fixing or caring for your teeth. Here it is free to find the source of that excruciating pain or a quick examination. You will be treated if you are over the age of 5.
Advanced gum disease natural treatment:
Gum Diseases (also called Gingivitis) is an infection that occurs in the tissues of the mouth that supports all the teeth. This is not the same as having a cavity though. The common gum problem is the periodontal disease. This is bacterial infection that leads to an inflammation. This disease if not treated will eventually destroy the gums and the tissues support the teeth.
The way this forms is via bacteria that is present on the teeth and gums in the form of a thin film. This thin film if not cleaned will eventually harden and form tartar. Thus plaque and tartar along with the bacteria cause the gums to inflame. This is how the periodontal disease progresses:
1. The gums swell and become red and also bleed easily (Gingivitis).
2. Plaque is formed below the gum line and pockets begin to form (Periodontal Pockets)
3. The plaque and tartar along with any bacteria present will begin to destroy the gums and bone structure that support the teeth. Hence this may adversely affect the teeth to the extent to where they fall off. (Periodontitis).
Cause of the gum disease:
The common causes of gum diseases are:
- Poor dental hygiene
- Regular smoking
- Weak immune system (cancer, etc)
- Stress (emotional)
- Under standard nutrition
- Excess sugar.
The natural cure for gum disease:
There are several natural cure for gum disease around hence you can adopt the one that you find suitable.
Flossing: Flossing is recommended to do once or twice a day. This is useful to remove food that is lodged in teeth and hence prevents bad bacteria from growing.
Oils: Making use of oils of clove and melaleuca (tea) on the gums or even brushing with them can have a good event and is a good preventive measure against Gingivitis.
Coenzymes: A small daily dose of this is a good cure for Gingivitis and provides a good healing effect.
Green Tea: Green Tea helps fight gingivitis although make sure it is no sweetened.
Designer Smiles Dentistry:
Designer Smiles Dentistry Dentist in Missouri City TX, is where all the dental procedures take place. There are several clinics around however this is not one to those kind of places where you can only think about when it will be all over. I mean to say it isn’t the traditional dull environment of a dentist’s clinic. In fact this place will treat kids as well as long as they are above the age of 5. Besides with their high level of experience you cannot go wrong.